Accessible Dental & Orthodontic Care
At White Oak Dental & Orthodontics, we want you to save money while keeping your and your family’s smiles healthy.
That’s why we’re happy to step in and help you navigate the insurance process so you can get the most out of your coverage.
Navigating How Insurance Works
Many Avenel and Woodbridge patients have dental insurance but still skip out on their routine appointments and put off treatments they need because they don’t want to tackle the hassle of dealing with a dental insurance company.
We completely understand! That’s why we’ve compiled a list of terms below to help you understand how dental insurance works.
Insurance Terms You Need to Know
- Maximum: This is a capped-off amount of money that your dental insurance plan will pay out of your treatments over a calendar year.
- Deductible: This is the amount of money you’ll be required to pay out-of-pocket before your benefits kick in.
- Premium: This is the annual or monthly amount that you pay to receive dental insurance benefits.
- In-network: If a provider is in-network with your insurance company, it means they’ve negotiated discounted rates and fees with them.
- PPO: A Preferred Provider Organization is a type of health plan in which you pay less and receive more benefits if you use providers that the plan prefers.
What Your Insurance Plan Covers
No two dental insurance policies are the same, so you’ll need to call your company directly to confirm whether they’ll cover your specific treatment.
However, the average plan determines coverage based on a 100-80-50 structure. This means that they cover:
- 100 percent of the cost of basic preventive care like checkups and cleanings
- 80 percent of simple treatments like cavity fillings
- 50 percent of more serious procedures like tooth extractions.
We’re Always Here to Help
Whether you’re a new patient or you’ve been a member of the White Oak Dental & Orthodontics family for a while, please give our Avenel office a call whenever you have any insurance or other questions related to your treatment.